CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween Costume

I need to gripe just a little bit. We ordered Colby an Optimus Prime costume that he had fallen in LOVE with from the Lillian Vernon catalog. This is the first year that my mom has not made Colby's costume, so it was our first time ordering and I figured Lillian Vernon would have good quality costumes.........WRONG!!

The costume that I paid $39.95 for plus $10.99 STANDARD shipping and handling for looked exactly like something you would buy for $12.97 off of the rack at Walmart! I was just disgusted!

Colby is crazy about the costume though, so we didn't want to break his heart and take it back (and I worried that there was not enough time anyway this close to Halloween) so we have let him keep it.........but it is currently at mom's for some "revising." She is going to take it apart and use the basics to make a sturdier costume so he can wear it more than once...........he will live in it if I let him!

So, as a Mommy consumer, I wanted to pass along to you my boo-hoo tail of the pitiful Halloween costume. Maybe it was a one time thing, but we will NOT be ordering from Lillian Vernon again!

1 comments:

Heather said...

I think Halloween costumes are too expensive anyways. Especially for how cheap most of them are made. At least I can say as much as my boys play "dress up", we get our money's worth from costumes.