CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Yes, I Dumpster Dive

Confession time.......I have been known to dumpster dive. Not in the sense that I comletely submerge myself in the muck of the dumpster, but you had better believe that if I see something in the trash that I could use that it becomes mine!

Over the years I have scored a pet carrier, an antique drop leaf table, several books, baskets, a christmas tree......and my latest find.....a basketball post and stand!

Today I was driving down the road I saw a pole that was standing out for the wonderful trash company to sweep away. I knew the trash truck would not pick it up and felt very sure that it was destined for the dump so I took a chance and stopped and asked the man who lived there if I could have it. He laughed at me and asked if I take other people's trash often.

I guess I do! One man's trash is another man's treasure........right!

2 comments:

Wanda May said...

You have a friend in me Sista!!! The only thing better then yard sale is Freebie's

The Haley's said...

I so understand you!!! I hope you guys get to come down for a day or two!!! We miss you!!!