CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 21, 2010

Not Up to Par

I have found out in recent weeks that my life is not quite up to par. I read posts from my other friends blogs and facebook and feel completely inadequate. For example:

-There are those of you out there who keep a clean house always. I do straighten during the week and clean on the weekends but most days I spend simply hoping the health department doesn't come by for an inspection. They might shut me down!

-Many of you like to cook. I HATE it! We seem to eat the same old stuff all the time. The most creative I have gotten in the kitchen recently was trying to make Shogun style rice. One guess as to how that went. The dog didn't even like it. All I can say is thank God for Stouffers............and I hope I can find someone that sells that Freezer jam so m any of you are blogging about!

-There are seamstresses out there in my cyber circle. I can't sew. I don't even own a needle and thread. On Sunday I took a bag of clothes that only needed buttons put back on to my Mom.

Perhaps I can make my mark one day and be an impressive Mommy. Until then I will just be jealous of my many wonderfully domestic and talented friends!

9 comments:

Staffanne said...

Brooke, You are Wonderful! And, I know you have many talents too! Don't be so hard on yourself...I love you bunches!

Stephanie said...

Ok Brooke the "rule" is when you have a baby you get a free pass for at least a year! Not that you need it since you are a wonderful mommy, excellent writer (who makes me laugh), and you teach children! I love reading your blog....

Nan said...

Brooke, you are a wonderful Mommy to those two precious boys of yours...never doubt it! That being said, you could always put those stoffers meals in your own dishware and the males of the house will never be the wiser! And, you could just take the children and hide, pretending your not home, if someone comes to the door on days that the house is not up to snuff...ha, sounds like that's coming from someone with experience! Seriously, I think writing is your "craft"...thanks for the laughs!!

Heather said...

I agree with these girls. Your a great Mommy! I absolutely LOVE reading your blog. BTW, my house is hardly ever picked up...not to mention CLEAN.

Alicia Jane said...

Ok I don't know you and you don't know me but I saw your blog on Stephanie's blog! I have been feeling the same way!! All of my friends (which seems we have the same) are so talented and I am struggling to find what my talent might be :) Glad to know I am not alone in this! I agree with Stephanie though you are a fabulous writer!!

Lesley said...

Gimmme a break!! I worked with you and know you capable of doing anything you set your mind to! AND are you not currently taking classes, working and have a new baby? You DO get a pass!

LoserGirl said...

Stop it!! Don't be so hard on yourself! I wish I had your writing ability!! Amazing!

LoserGirl said...

P.S. I heart your blog layout! I read your blog through bloglines and hadn't seen the new layout.

Carol said...

I'm with you...I'm not crafty at one darned thing! But, my baby is only 8 months old, so I have a few more months to be exempt! :-)