CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 27, 2009

Butterflies For a Vampire

All abord the TWILIGHT train! I realize that I got on board a little later than some, but if you haven't taken a ride with Stephanie Meyer's vampire saga then you need to jump on!

I was hesitant to read them at first, however once I began I found myself lost in the unusual happenings of the little town named Forks. I have always loved reading and writing. When I get involved in a book my mind takes me to a place in the story and I see it unfold before my very eyes. When I get caught up in a good book I have a hard time putting it down. This was definitely the case this week as I completed Twilight and New Moon ( can't wait to purchase Eclipse and Breaking Dawn tonight!)

I did find myself all aflutter with butterflies for the male lead in the book, Edward Cullen. As I read about the sensual way that he kised Bella's jawline and held her against his chiseled chest I couldn't help myself. I reached over to my husband sitting next to me and smacked the back of his head. "Why can't you kiss me like this vampire?" I demanded. He responded with "Looney Bin, here she comes." Thanks Honey!

This did leave me to reflect a little though. Remember those early days in our relationships when the butterflies in your stomach made it nearly impossible to breathe? When a kiss could bring you to the point of passing out? When you planned every moment around when and where you would see each other again? Ahhhh, I remember those days fondly! Now, don't get me wrong, I do LOVE my husband with all of my being, but I miss the butterflies. Now the butterflies come when it is time to sit down and pay the bills. I nearly pass out if Jeremy helps around the house. I look forward to seeing him most days still, just not on Thursday's when Grey's Anatomy comes on!

But, it was nice to get lost in the teenage romance of Edward and Bella...........I felt the butterflies again and was able to remember those care free teenage days so fondly.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I remember the butterflies! Nathan and I became "a couple" 14 years ago TODAY! We were just talking this morning, how it didn't seem like that long ago when we held hands for the first time (on the school bus) and how that was such a HUGE thing then. I guess time really does fly when your having fun. Oh by the, I get those same butterflies when I pay bills, too. That's what I was doing last night when Nathan came in from the shop. I must have said something kind of hateful and his reply was, "You get so crabby when you pay bills." It's definitely not the highlight of my week. FYI, I think this might officially be the "World's Longest Comment."

Nan said...

Well, I don't really like to share, but I guess you can dream of Edward if you're a mind to!! But I am the one who lives in Forks...that is of the river...in KY! Jason is VERY jealous of Edward, but hey, what can I say!! You will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the next two books! I have re-read and re-
read parts of Breaking Dawn..... yes it IS that wonderful!! If you did not see the movie while it was in theaters, you will HAVE to see the DVD when it comes out! You can keep up to date with the release on my blog. Happy reading :)

My Little Familyy said...

Brooke I just love to read your blogs, they are so funny and you really put alot of meaning behind them. Wish I was this creative.