CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Oh HAPPY Day!!!!



Right now HAPPY doesn't even begin to cover the emotions I am feeling. As of tonight I have officially completed my Rank I degree in Special Education!!!!!!!

My college journey has taken 6.5 years total (although it has seemed like much more). I spent 4.5 years getting my elementary degree and then another 1.5 years getting my master's in elementary education. About 1.5 years ago I decided I was ready for a different direction in life and so I jumped into a special education program and I am SOOO glad I did! I teach resource Language Arts and Reading classes at Warren East Middle and I LOVE IT!!

This Rank I has been a lot of tough work, but it has been worth it. I took classes during my pregnancy and all during Cooper's life thus far. I even took classes only a week after he was born! This course was perfect for a Mom though because it was all online.

After hours spent in online classes, HUNDREDS of pages in the 123 papers I have written for this degree, and all the late nights and tears I have cried in frustration I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!

I am so proud of myself and thankful to my husband, parents, and friends for their support during this crazy process!

NO MORE CLASSES FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!! Time to celebrate!!!!

6 comments:

The Stice's said...

Yay! I am excited for you!! Enjoy your "free" time with your precious babies now! :)

Stephanie said...

Congratulations:)

Nan said...

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!

Heather said...

That is great, Brooke!! Congrats!!!!

April said...

Congratulations!! You should be proud!

Robin Grey said...

Yay!I'm so proud of you! I love reading your blog every so often. Your baby Cooper is beautiful - I can so see your dad in him - yes, I still think he's beautiful. I can't believe what a miracle Colby is. I still remember how little he was and how all progress and growth was such a milestone! I am so glad life is good for you! The Greys love you and have for a long time!